For more details, see analysis by Southern Poverty Law Center:
Deadstate.org is not a great source, but this seems likely: Hurricanes are caused by homosexuality. http://deadstate.org/and-now-heres-the-evangelicals-blaming-hurricanes-on-the-gays/
From Daily Kos:
An Open Letter to Dr. Laura Schlesinger
Mar 25, 2010 1:34am PDT by fly
It’s the middle of the night so I’ll shamelessly poach something I found at Naked Capitalism, it’s amusing.
Time for a change of pace. This came via e-mail from Marshall Auerback:
In her radio show, Dr. Laura Schlesinger (a popular conservative radio talk show host in the USA) said that homosexuality is an abomination according to the Bible Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned under any circumstance. The following response is an open letter to Dr. Laura, and was attributed to a James M. Kauffman, Ed. D.
Dear Dr. Laura:
Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God’s Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination… end of debate.
I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some other elements of God’s Laws and how to follow them.
1. Leviticus 25:44 states that I may possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can’t I own Canadians?
1. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?
1. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual unseemliness – Lev. 15: 19-24. The problem is how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women take offence.
1. When I burn a bull on the altar as a sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odor for the Lord – Lev. 1:9. The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odor is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?
1. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2. clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself, or should I ask the police to do it?
1. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination – Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality. I don’t agree. Can you settle this? Are there ‘degrees’ of abomination?
1. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle-room here?
1. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27. How should they die?
1. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean, but may I still play football if I wear gloves?
1. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? Lev. 24:10-16. Couldn’t we just burn them to death at a private family affair, like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)
I know you have studied these things extensively and thus enjoy considerable expertise in such matters, so I am confident you can help.
Thank you again for reminding us that God’s word is eternal and unchanging.
Your adoring fan,
James M. Kauffman, Ed. D. Professor Emeritus Dept. of Curriculum, Instruction, and Special Education University of Virginia
Who can we enslave?
• Mexicans 3%
• Canadians 4%
• Mexicans and Canadians 4%
• Our daughters 2%
• All of the above 85%
no comment needed
Tim Brooks warns that the SCOTUS ruling will lead to LGBTs forcing themselves on heterosexuals.
NYC pastor: Starbucks is flavoured with the semen of sodomites
Also, Starbucks is ground zero for Ebola.
“At the end of last week, the state’s most important Roman Catholic leader, Archbishop Timothy M. Dolan, designated the bishop of Brooklyn, Nicholas A. DiMarzio, to be the church’s point man in Albany. Bishop DiMarzio has at times provided interesting insights on this issue. In 2004, he suggested that accepting same-sex marriage could put New York on a slippery slope toward condoning marriage between humans and animals.
“You want to reduce something to the absurd, which is basically rhetorical use of an image: Why can’t we have marriages between people and pets?” the bishop said during a radio interview. “I mean, pets really love their masters, and why can’t we have a marriage so they could inherit their money?” (Not to ride this train of thought too long, but Leona Helmsley showed it was possible for a dog to inherit money without the trouble of a wedding.)
Asked if same-sex unions may be a pathway toward other forms of legally sanctioned marriage, Bishop DiMarzio said, “It certainly is.”’
NY Times June 20 2011
June 20, 2011, 8:44 am